Japan’s Asahi Kasei to close its Mizushima cracker
In May, Japan’s Asahi Kasei Corp. and its subsidiary Asahi Kasei Chemicals Corp. along with Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Corp. and its subsidiary Mitsubishi Chemical Corp. agreed to launch a 50-50 joint venture for the operation of a unified naphtha cracker in Mizushima. The joint venture is expected to be commissioned on April 1, 2016.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Upcoming holidays, COVID spike pressure PS in Asia
- Shortage pushes Europe’s ABS markets to multi-year highs
- Longest-ever rally staggers in Turkey’s PVC market
- Upstream keeps China PET afloat; prices hit 11-month high
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use