Japan’s Asahi Kasei to close its Mizushima cracker
In May, Japan’s Asahi Kasei Corp. and its subsidiary Asahi Kasei Chemicals Corp. along with Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Corp. and its subsidiary Mitsubishi Chemical Corp. agreed to launch a 50-50 joint venture for the operation of a unified naphtha cracker in Mizushima. The joint venture is expected to be commissioned on April 1, 2016.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East