Japan’s Idemitsu announces August PX nomination
Market sources reported that ExxonMobil, SK Global Chemical and JX Nippon Oil & Energy announced their August PX nominations at $850/ton CFR while S-Oil nominated its August PX contract at $840/ton CFR.
A major settlement for the Asian PX contract was reached at $800/ton CFR in July, the first major settlement seen since April. Sources previously reported that the April PX contract had settled at $795/ton.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September