Japan’s JX Nippon plans to shut PX plants in 2017
Meanwhile, the company will reportedly shut its No 3 PX plant with a capacity of 350,000 tons/year at Mizushima in late January for fifty days for a planned maintenance.
JX Nippon can produce 3.1 million tons/year of PX in total at its plants in Chita, Kashima, Kawasaki, Mizushima and Oita in Japan and at Ulsan, South Korea.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Pent-up demand lifts India’s PP market
- Europe continues to defy global PVC trend
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets continue to slide in January
- Europe’s PE markets under pressure from rising supplies
- PP demand fares better than PE in Turkey
- Taiwanese major poised to come lower for a 3rd month to Asian PVC markets
- Covid concerns loom large in China, hitting demand and supply-chain
- Egypt’s PVC markets extend drops into January
- SE Asian PP, PE markets look for direction amid tepid demand, rising freights
- European PS, ABS markets open 2022 on firm footing