Japan’s JX Nippon plans to shut PX plants in 2017
Meanwhile, the company will reportedly shut its No 3 PX plant with a capacity of 350,000 tons/year at Mizushima in late January for fifty days for a planned maintenance.
JX Nippon can produce 3.1 million tons/year of PX in total at its plants in Chita, Kashima, Kawasaki, Mizushima and Oita in Japan and at Ulsan, South Korea.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Upsurge continues to wreak havoc on Turkey’s PP, PE markets
- PVC rally roars back in Asia as supply worries mount
- China PP, PE markets join global rally after Lunar New Year holiday
- PE, PP and PVC supply crunch exacerbated on US absence, traditional trade flows upended
- European PP, PE markets set for 5th bullish month as shortage bites
- Turkey shattered as PP prices shoot up to surreal levels
- Polymer markets face one of most chaotic times
- Turnaround season set to get underway in Asia
- Crude oil heals COVID-inflicted wounds; now what lies ahead?
- Global shipping turmoil deepens, adding to the upheaval in plastic resins