Japan’s JX Nippon plans to shut PX plants in 2017
Meanwhile, the company will reportedly shut its No 3 PX plant with a capacity of 350,000 tons/year at Mizushima in late January for fifty days for a planned maintenance.
JX Nippon can produce 3.1 million tons/year of PX in total at its plants in Chita, Kashima, Kawasaki, Mizushima and Oita in Japan and at Ulsan, South Korea.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PS, EPS markets retain uptrend on low availability
- China’s PP, PE and PVC markets continue to offer poor netbacks despite better sentiment
- LDPE run-up enters its third month in China as tightness persists
- African PP, PE markets extend gains into Sept on tightness
- European PS follows SM lower in Sept, ABS flat on tightness
- Turkey PP, PE markets propelled higher by shipping bottlenecks in Sept
- Are record-high PVC prices the new normal amid enduring pandemic?
- European PVC up for 16th month in Sept, prices touch new highs
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise on tightness in September
- Logistics snarls propel import PP, PE offers higher in Europe