Japan’s JX Nippon plans to shut PX plants in 2017
Meanwhile, the company will reportedly shut its No 3 PX plant with a capacity of 350,000 tons/year at Mizushima in late January for fifty days for a planned maintenance.
JX Nippon can produce 3.1 million tons/year of PX in total at its plants in Chita, Kashima, Kawasaki, Mizushima and Oita in Japan and at Ulsan, South Korea.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect