Japan’s Maruzen to shut, Taiwan’s Nan Ya Plastics to restart MEG plants
The maintenance is expected to start at the end of February and last for a month, sources said.
The plant has a production capacity of 100,000 tons/year.
Market sources also reported that Taiwan’s Nan Ya Plastics is planning to take its 360,000 tons/year No 2 MEG plant in Mailiao, which was shut in early February due to a catalyst change, online at the beginning of March.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years