Japan’s Sumitomo to close its steam cracker in Chiba
The company reportedly will secure the required feedstocks for its PE, PP and propylene oxide production from Keiyo Ethylene’s cracker. Keiyo Ethylene is a joint venture between Maruzen Petrochemical, Mitsui Chemicals and Sumitomo Chemical. Keiyo Ethylene’s cracker, located in Chiba, has a production capacity of 700,000 tons/year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount
- Bearish trend persists in July for PP, PE in Mid-East, Africa
- Vietnam’s PE market sees first hike attempts after two months