Japan’s Sumitomo to close its steam cracker in Chiba
The company reportedly will secure the required feedstocks for its PE, PP and propylene oxide production from Keiyo Ethylene’s cracker. Keiyo Ethylene is a joint venture between Maruzen Petrochemical, Mitsui Chemicals and Sumitomo Chemical. Keiyo Ethylene’s cracker, located in Chiba, has a production capacity of 700,000 tons/year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect
- East African PP, PE markets on rise for July but deals still scarce