Japan's Taiyo plans to shut PVC plant at Yokkaichi
The plant is able to produce 310,000 tons/year of PVC.
The company is also planning to shut its other two units in Osaka and Chiba with a production capacity of 160,000 tons/year and 90,000 tons/year of PVC, respectively in 2017 for annual maintenance, but it is not confirmed.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PVC market looks for direction amid divergent factors
- Pent-up demand lifts India’s PP market
- Europe continues to defy global PVC trend
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets continue to slide in January
- Europe’s PE markets under pressure from rising supplies
- PP demand fares better than PE in Turkey
- Taiwanese major poised to come lower for a 3rd month to Asian PVC markets
- Covid concerns loom large in China, hitting demand and supply-chain
- Egypt’s PVC markets extend drops into January
- SE Asian PP, PE markets look for direction amid tepid demand, rising freights