Japan’s Torray announces financial results for Q2
As for the Plastics & Chemicals segment, the company’s net sales reached Yen123.7 billion ($1 billion) in the second quarter of 2015, up from Yen120 billion a year earlier. Meanwhile, the company’s income for the segment reached Yen7.5 billion ($62 million), up from Yen5.7 billion in the same period of the previous year.
The stronger results in the Plastics & Chemicals segment was mainly attributed to persistent strength in overall domestic sales stemming from expansion of exports on the back of a weaker yen.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asia PVC markets see longest rising streak ever on extreme tightness
- Africa polymers: October offers higher amid reduced availability
- Stable to softer PE trend prevails in Europe amid soft demand, poor netbacks
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets move up, but riddled with uncertainties
- India, SEA PVC markets unlikely to take respite from bullish run for November
- Southeast Asia PET markets move sideways during China’s absence
- Egypt’s import PE market up on tight supply, domestic offers follow suit
- Will European PS, ABS track divergent paths for another month?
- Turkey PP and PE regain premium over China, LDPE fails to make a sprint
- Strong netbacks and demand trigger exodus of PVC from China to export markets