Japan’s industrial production tops estimates in June
However, it was reported that companies are still maintaining their cautious stance while manufacturers remain under pressure from sluggish demand in Japan and the ongoing slowdown in China.
Japan’s government is planning to release its gross domestic product (GDP) data for the second quarter on August 17. In a survey conducted by Bloomberg, economists’ preliminary expectations called for a growth rate of 0.8% for the April-June period.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally