Japanese government announces ADD decision on Chinese PET
PET importers will be required to either pay the anti-dumping duties or post collateral. If the definitive anti-dumping duty rates are lower than provisional rates, the difference will be refunded.
The below provisional anti-dumping duties will be imposed from 2 September 2017 to 1 January 2018.
According to Reuters, Japan imported a total of around 365,000 tons of PET from China in the year ended March 2016, up 22% on a year over year basis. It accounted for around 55% of the country’s total PET imports.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years