Japanese government announces ADD decision on Chinese PET
PET importers will be required to either pay the anti-dumping duties or post collateral. If the definitive anti-dumping duty rates are lower than provisional rates, the difference will be refunded.
The below provisional anti-dumping duties will be imposed from 2 September 2017 to 1 January 2018.
According to Reuters, Japan imported a total of around 365,000 tons of PET from China in the year ended March 2016, up 22% on a year over year basis. It accounted for around 55% of the country’s total PET imports.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets