Japanese producer expresses March PVC sell ideas to China, SEA
The source stated, “Demand is better in India in line with limited local supplies and we managed to conclude some deals at $880-890/ton CIF India, cash. We heard that an Indian producer is expected to issue additional increases of INR2000/ton ($32/ton) on their domestic PVC prices. For the near term, we expect to see a firmer trend.”
Meanwhile, a trader based in Shanghai commented, “Most sellers are likely to announce their new March prices in line with a major Taiwanese producer’s PVC offer levels. Trading activities in India are better when compared to other Asian markets. We expect demand in China’s local market to pick up after the holidays as the weather will get warmer while manufacturing activities will increase.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Longest-ever rally staggers in Turkey’s PVC market
- Upstream keeps China PET afloat; prices hit 11-month high
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record