Japanese producer expresses March PVC sell ideas to China, SEA
The source stated, “Demand is better in India in line with limited local supplies and we managed to conclude some deals at $880-890/ton CIF India, cash. We heard that an Indian producer is expected to issue additional increases of INR2000/ton ($32/ton) on their domestic PVC prices. For the near term, we expect to see a firmer trend.”
Meanwhile, a trader based in Shanghai commented, “Most sellers are likely to announce their new March prices in line with a major Taiwanese producer’s PVC offer levels. Trading activities in India are better when compared to other Asian markets. We expect demand in China’s local market to pick up after the holidays as the weather will get warmer while manufacturing activities will increase.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East