Jordanian PET trader complains of weak demand
“PET players are mostly relying on their previous stocks and they are mostly readying for the approaching Ramadan holiday. Overall demand remains slow and our business has been significantly influenced by the ongoing political tension in the region. Closed borders and irregular strikes at ports are amongst the other negative factors that are affecting our trade. On top of these, customs duties from Jordan to Iraq are subject to an increase and this is another factor that casts a shadow over our trade,” he said.
In a nearby market, Egypt, players had pegged Far Eastern PET offers at $1030-1085/ton on CIF Alexandria, cash basis last week. This week, Southeast Asian PET offers have been reported so far at $1035-1040/ton with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Vietnam PP market yet to respond to faltering upturn in China
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe