Jordanian buyer: June PE drops outpace our expectations
The buyer commented, “Players were mostly expecting to see rollovers from overseas producers for June and decreases for July. Hence, the lower June levels surprised us and caused buyers to be cautious on their purchases as they believe that further decreases might be possible as the month proceeds. In addition, demand is already slow given the Ramadan month. We are not planning to make fresh purchases for now.”
According to the converter, three different Middle Eastern suppliers, including a Saudi major, issued their new offers to Jordan at $1160-1200/ton for both LLDPE and HDPE film on a CIP Amman/CIF Aqaba, 90 days deferred payment basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China’s PET markets extend rebound on firmer costs
- Asian ethylene-naphtha spread at almost 7-year low
- European PVC defies global uptrend
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets at a standstill amid lingering downturn
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high