Jordanian buyer: Mid-Eastern Jan PE prices see downward adjustments
The buyer commented, “Prices remain on a softening note as trading activities are still sluggish. Although the new levels we received indicate decreases from the initial January levels, players still try to achieve lower deal levels. Meanwhile, the Emirati producer has already sold out their rather limited cargoes at competitive levels. Regarding our end product demand, we see no light at the end of the tunnel as our trade performs slowly.”
The buyer received $20-40/ton lower prices from a major Saudi producer, who now offers HDPE film at $1160/ton, LDPE film at $1170/ton and LLDPE film at $1180/ton on a CIP Amman, 90 days basis. Meanwhile, an Emirati producer’s HDPE film offers indicate $60/ton declines from early January levels at $1090/ton on a CIF Amman, 90 days basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets