Jordanian buyer: Saudi producer concedes to PE discounts for July
The buyer opined, “Supply is not problematic in the market. We were expecting drops for the beginning of the month, however; contrary to our expectations the producer issued rollovers on their prices. Demand is not great in the post holiday period but it is still moving. Lower done deals are obtainable in the market. We are not clear about the next month’s course although a stable to firmer trend is expected. We are cautious on our purchases and following the market trend very carefully.”
According to the buyer, the Saudi major lowered their prices by $20/ton for LDPE film and by $30/ton for both LLDPE film and HDPE film to be respectively reported at $1180/ton and at $1170/ton all on a CIP Amman, 90 days deferred payment basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports