Jordanian players receive April PP, PE prices from the Mid-East
Looking at the overall Middle Eastern prices revealed so far, they stand at $1050/ton for PP raffia and injection, $1150-1240/ton for HDPE film, $1220-1260/ton for LDPE film and $1220-1250/ton for LLDPE c4 film on CIP Amman/CIF Aqaba, Jordan, 90 days deferred payment basis.
A converter, who received these new firmer levels, commented, “Despite the increases from the Middle Eastern producers, overall demand remains weak in terms of end product sales. We are planning to make some fresh purchases but we do not plan to exceed our needs on these purchases. For April, we are not expecting any significant discounts from the Middle Eastern producers due to the globally firming trend.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand
- Asian spot naphtha prices pull back from multi-month highs