Jordanian players receive May Middle Eastern PP, PE prices
A film and injection products converter who received prices from two major regional producers noted, “May prices indicate increases from April while we already booked some cargoes based on our needs basis. Generally, supplies are comfortable in the market while demand is below normal since the export trade has been poor for a while.”
Another converter remarked, “Muted export activities as a result of closed borders continue to put pressure on the market. Meanwhile, supplies are comfortable in the market. Considering these factors, the increase amount of up to $80/ton for PE surprised us. We believe the acceptable hike amounts should be around $20-30/ton.”
Overall prices announced in Jordan so far stand at $1110/ton for PP raffia and injection, $1260/ton for HDPE film, $1280/ton for LDPE film and at $1290-1330/ton for LLDPE film on a CIP Amman, Jordan, 90 days deferred payment basis. Meanwhile, CIF Aqaba, Jordan, 90 days basis offers were reported at $1250/ton for LDPE and HDPE film and at $1250-1275/ton for LLDPE film.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers