July PE prices from Middle East announced to SEA
A source from a Middle Eastern producer reported that they softened their prices by $10/ton for HDPE film and by $20/ton for LLDPE film, bringing their July offers to $1390/ton and to $1380/ton, respectively, on a CIF SEA, cash basis. “Our shipments are not expected to be affected by Ramadan and we are planning to ship July materials on time. For August, we are expecting to see some upward movement as most buyers who remained on the sidelines last month will need to return to market soon to replenish,” the source commented.
A distributor operating in Malaysia reported receiving July PE prices from a Saudi Arabian producer with rollovers from June at $1380/ton for LLDPE film and at $1390/ton for HDPE film, both on a CIF, cash basis. He also received an LLDPE film offer from a different Middle Eastern supplier with a $10/ton decrease from June at $1350/ton with the same terms.
A trader based in Vietnam reported that they received July PE offers from a Saudi supplier at $1370/ton CIF, cash for HDPE and LLDPE film while another Middle Eastern producer offered them July shipment LLDPE film at $1350/ton with the same terms. He commented, “Demand remains limited this week while supplies are sufficient. For the near term, we are expecting to see a mostly stable trend in the import market.”
In Southeast Asia, overall import Middle Eastern PE prices are currently reported at $1350-1380/ton for LLDPE film and at $1370-1390/ton for HDPE film, all on a CIF SEA, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns