July PP, PE offers emerge in Kenya, Tanzania
In Kenya, a converter concluding deals with decreases of $10-20/ton for homo PP commented, "There’s a fierce competition between the suppliers this month due to weak demand as they are willing to give discounts to conclude more deals and attract buying interest.” The converter’s done deal levels were reported at $1100/ton for PP raffia and inj., on CFR Mombasa, 90 days basis.
“Supplies are ample while demand remains weak with players booking limited cargoes amid the upcoming August elections. Middle Eastern producers are adjusting their offers down to conclude deals. Players are expecting softer offers within the upcoming term given the softer upstream costs,” opined a trader.
In Kenya, the overall range for July PP and PE offers are now reported at $1230-1280/ton for LDPE film, at $1200-1230/ton for LLDPE film, at $1160-1200 for HDPE film, $1080-1100/ton for PP raffia and inj., with the same terms.
In Tanzania, the overall July PP and PE range is standing at $1270-1280/ton for LDPE film, at $1200/ton for LLDPE film, at $1160-1200/ton for HDPE film, $1080-1100/ton for PP raffia and inj., with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China PP price uptrend intact after holidays despite local supply pressure
- Saudi PP, PE markets reverse course in Feb after 8 months, maintenance schedule busy in Mid-East
- Freight carriers aim to manage supply-demand balance by blanking more sailings
- PP and PE markets set to rebound from two-year lows in Europe
- PET sellers hunt for signs of market bottom in Europe
- India’s import PP, PE markets rebound in Jan after several months of declines
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey