July PP, PE prices surface in Kenya
According to a converter, the Saudi major issued decreases of $40-50/ton on their July PP and PE prices, bringing their new offers to $1050/ton for homo-PP raffia and injection, to $1080/ton for PP film, to $1240/ton for HDPE film and to $1230/ton for HDPE blow moulding, all on a CFR Mombasa, Kenya, 90 days deferred payment basis. “Demand for our end products is still stagnant,” he stated.
A second converter also reported receiving July PP prices from the producer at $1050/ton for homo-PP raffia and injection with the same terms. According to him, the producer’s new levels indicate decreases of $10/ton when compared to June. The buyer commented, “We aren’t interested in making fresh purchases for PE as we already have sufficient stocks. In general, demand remains sluggish amidst available supplies in Kenya.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand
- Asian spot naphtha prices pull back from multi-month highs
- China gears up for new PP start-ups in H2 2019