July PP prices shrug off higher propylene in Europe
A South European producer announced their new PP prices with rollovers from June. A source from the producer commented, “Demand is slow while there are no issues related to supply. We might consider applying discounts of €20/ton in the days ahead depending on buying interest.”
A West European producer elected to issue decreases of €20/ton on their spot PP prices with respect to last month. A producer source reported that demand is quiet for now and confirmed hearing about decreases from other sellers in the region.
A distributor in the Netherlands reported giving July offers for West European PP with rollovers to discounts of €20/ton from last month. Another distributor in Italy left their low-end PP prices unchanged from June while applying some decreases on the high ends of his offers. Both sellers commented that demand is calm at the beginning of the month.
A packaging producer in Germany received initial offers for July PP contracts with rollovers from his regular West European supplier and stated that his end product demand is weak for the time being.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PE and PVC imports from US flooding Europe
- Indonesia’s polyolefin markets sustain uptrend
- Asian PVC markets shaken by sharp fall in Taiwanese major’s Apr pricing
- March PE prices take split paths in Africa, Mid-East
- Asian PS markets touch 4-month high amid volatile styrene
- Turkey’s PP market attracts deep-sea origins at 4-month high
- European ABS rebounds from 3-year low
- Firming persists in Vietnam’s PE market, shrugging off ethylene
- European styrene continues to climb up, Asia remains cautiously firm
- PP market up from a year-low in Europe; yet hikes beyond C3 see resistance