July PVC offers to Asia revealed with hikes amid shutdowns
China’s local PVC market has been gaining ground for the past two weeks with support from firmer Dalian futures, the turnaround season in the June-July period as well as lower carbide supplies amid environmental inspections. In India, meanwhile, local prices have recently stabilized after tracking a firming trend for four consecutive weeks on the back of several plant shutdowns in the country as well as the depreciation of the Indian rupee against the US dollar.
Having cut its PVC offers for two consecutive months, a major Taiwanese producer lifted its July offers to China and India by $20/ton when compared to June. July pricing came in line with players’ initial expectations based on the major producer’s plans to shut its VCM and EDC units in the middle of June for maintenance, as was previously mentioned in ChemOrbis Plastics News July PVC expectations call for hikes in Asia . (For members only)
Following the major’s announcement, another Taiwanese producer also lifted its offers to China and India by the same amount, almost at par with the major’s levels.
A Chinese acetylene based PVC producer said, “After the major Taiwanese producer raised its July offers, we have decided not to give any discounts, even for big amount of purchases.”
A trader in India noted, “We have received July offers from a Taiwanese major with hikes. Supplies are likely to remain tight given ongoing shutdowns at several plants across Asia while demand is expected to slow down further given the monsoon rains.”
A converter in Thailand reported that demand inside the country is quite slow given the rainy season. However he said, “We don’t think that producers will decrease their offers from now on as the major Taiwanese producer has already approached the regional markets with increases while China’s local PVC market has also headed north.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect
- East African PP, PE markets on rise for July but deals still scarce