July manufacturing PMI up in Malaysia, hits 6-month high in India
In India, meanwhile, the Nikkei Purchasing Managers’ Index (PMI) posted the strongest reading in six months in July. The country’s manufacturing PMI compiled by Markit and the Nikkei increased to a reading of 52.7 in July from 51.3 in the previous month. Any reading above 50 indicates expansion. The increase was attributed to higher new orders, which grew at a faster pace in July owing to stronger domestic and foreign demand. New export orders also expanded at the fastest rate in five months in July.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Vietnam PP market yet to respond to faltering upturn in China
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe