June ABS offers emerge from European suppliers
The stable to softer approach the producers have taken for ABS in June followed the increase of €42.5/ton in styrene and the decrease of €300/ton in butadiene. These producers announced €45-50/ton increases on their PS prices last week following higher styrene settlements.
Players think that producers did not reflect the entire losses in butadiene costs on their ABS prices as they saw good demand in May and it is expected to be promising in June as well.
Regarding the issue at Styrolution’s Antwerp ABS plant, sources reported that they are somewhat tight; however, they have sufficient supplies to cover demand in June.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Can LDPE uptrend hold in Asia?
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic