June expectations surface for PP, PE in Africa
“We expect this upturn to lose speed now as the market will not be able to digest further hikes,” said a few buyers in Kenya. The rainy season is also expected to weigh down on demand in the region.
A buyer in Tanzania also drew attention to the softening prices in China, arguing that this will not support further increases in African markets.
A similar situation is in place in North African countries as a trader in Algeria said, “Considering the state of demand, we postponed our purchases to June, when rollovers or slight discounts are deemed possible.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Ethylene prices hit fresh lows in Asia, Europe; US holds steady
- ABS prices see more-than-a-year low in Asia, Europe
- Styrene prices sink to multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- European PET posts double-digit decreases for October
- PVC downturn gains pace in Asia on Taiwanese major’s larger-than expected drop
- Asian spot propylene regains premium over ethylene for first time since 2013
- Import LDPE, LLDPE prices almost back at par with ethylene in China
- Turkish players voice early PP, PE expectations for November
- Thin buying cushions impact of PVC shutdowns across Europe
- China’s PP market makes a strong start to post-holiday period