June expectations surface for PP, PE in Africa
“We expect this upturn to lose speed now as the market will not be able to digest further hikes,” said a few buyers in Kenya. The rainy season is also expected to weigh down on demand in the region.
A buyer in Tanzania also drew attention to the softening prices in China, arguing that this will not support further increases in African markets.
A similar situation is in place in North African countries as a trader in Algeria said, “Considering the state of demand, we postponed our purchases to June, when rollovers or slight discounts are deemed possible.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- June expectations surface in Mid-Eastern, African polyolefin markets
- China’s local PVC market retreats from 8-month high
- Initial June PE offers to SEA signal firming despite buyers’ resistance
- Firming in ethylene lags behind propylene in Europe
- PET rally stalls in China after prices hit four-and-half-year high
- Asian PS retains firming path on supportive upstream
- June PE outlook under discussion in Europe
- Taiwanese major lowers June PVC offers to Asia despite firm China
- Local PP markets cautiously firmer in Vietnam, Indonesia
- Global ethylene prices continue to defy energy rally