KBR awarded contract by SABIC for butadiene expansion
Petrokemya, a wholly-owned affiliate of SABIC, is one of the largest manufacturing sites in Al Jubail. The site has the combined capacity of around 5.15 million tons/year of petrochemicals. With the expansion project, the company aims to raise the capacity of its butadiene extraction plant which has the capacity of 123,000 tons/year. The company did not disclose the new capacity, but said that it would be a “significant” expansion.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- US PE prices move down on weak appetite from export markets
- Further price cuts in Vietnam’s PP market fail to revive demand
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets