KPI to use CB&I's technology at PDH, PP plants in Kazakhstan
The project was initiated in 2007 with an aim of developing Kazakhstan’s petrochemical industry. The Atryau petrochemical complex will include a steam cracker with a capacity of 1 million tons/year ethylene, along with PP and PE units.
The complex is expected to house a 400,000 tons/year LLDPE/HDPE swing line, a 400,000 tons/year LDPE unit and a 450,000 tons/year PP plant.
With a total investment of around $6.3 billion, the facilities are expected to be completed as of 2024.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Escalating shipping costs hinder polymer demand in China, SE Asia
- Conditions in place for oil rally to continue, but potential headwinds lie ahead
- Spot PE markets recede from all-time high in Europe
- Turkey’s PP market starts to stabilize, will other polymers follow suit?
- Asian ethylene and propylene slide into steeper backwardation on demand, oversupply
- China PP, PE markets on nearly 3-month losing streak amid scant demand
- June PP, PE prices drop further on weakened activities in Egypt
- Europe’s PS, ABS markets come off peaks on plunging costs
- Asian polymer markets unfazed by crude oil rally
- India’s polymer demand slowly heals pandemic-inflicted wounds