KPI to use CB&I's technology at PDH, PP plants in Kazakhstan
The project was initiated in 2007 with an aim of developing Kazakhstan’s petrochemical industry. The Atryau petrochemical complex will include a steam cracker with a capacity of 1 million tons/year ethylene, along with PP and PE units.
The complex is expected to house a 400,000 tons/year LLDPE/HDPE swing line, a 400,000 tons/year LDPE unit and a 450,000 tons/year PP plant.
With a total investment of around $6.3 billion, the facilities are expected to be completed as of 2024.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will European PP, PE markets take a break from firming trend in June?
- US PE prices move down on weak appetite from export markets
- Further price cuts in Vietnam’s PP market fail to revive demand
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe