KPI to use CB&I's technology at PDH, PP plants in Kazakhstan
The project was initiated in 2007 with an aim of developing Kazakhstan’s petrochemical industry. The Atryau petrochemical complex will include a steam cracker with a capacity of 1 million tons/year ethylene, along with PP and PE units.
The complex is expected to house a 400,000 tons/year LLDPE/HDPE swing line, a 400,000 tons/year LDPE unit and a 450,000 tons/year PP plant.
With a total investment of around $6.3 billion, the facilities are expected to be completed as of 2024.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will Europe’s PE market manage to defy pressure in December?
- Turkey's polymer markets deadlocked as lira’s freefall shatters all records
- Homo-PP downturn in full swing in China
- Bearish pressure mounts on SE Asian PE markets
- Oil faces demand pressure from renewed Covid-19 fears
- Europe PET market hovers around a decade-high, Asia stumbles
- Turkey's import PE market set to reverse course in December
- Sentiment in China PP, PE markets turns bearish again
- Taiwanese major’s Dec PVC price cuts deeper than expected
- Egypt’s PP, PE prices see corrections as buyers resist firm offers