Kem One: PVC production unaffected on delayed restart of Lavera plant
The source said that their allocation remains limited due to the fact that demand has been better than they expected in January.
Meanwhile, Yves Heroes, Director Marketing & Sales at Kem One, emailed their customers, saying “Apparently, overall demand is resilient enough to neutralize regional hiccups and/or supply may not be as ample as generally perceived.” Therefore, the company plans to announce a margin increase of €25/ton on PVC on top of whatever happens to the cost of ethylene in February.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Bearish PP trend takes no respite on lackluster demand in Turkey
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year
- Vietnamese PE buyers hold off purchases on fears of further price pullback
- European PS on brink of a softer trend after 6 months
- Turkish PP and PE players voice bearish expectations for May
- China’s local homo-PP prices slide below imports
- Irregular PE origins emerge at competitive prices in Europe
- Mid-Eastern sellers backpedal in Africa on competitive PP, PE offers from Asia
- European PVC set to extend longest rising streak into May