Kem One: PVC production unaffected on delayed restart of Lavera plant
The source said that their allocation remains limited due to the fact that demand has been better than they expected in January.
Meanwhile, Yves Heroes, Director Marketing & Sales at Kem One, emailed their customers, saying “Apparently, overall demand is resilient enough to neutralize regional hiccups and/or supply may not be as ample as generally perceived.” Therefore, the company plans to announce a margin increase of €25/ton on PVC on top of whatever happens to the cost of ethylene in February.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook