Kenyan PP, PE buyer: Retreating shilling weighs down on trade
“One of these producers’ offers are more competitive than the other producer’s , who appears adamant to achieve their initial levels. However, overall demand is slowing down in the country in line with the decreasing prices. We anticipate further decreases in the days ahead and into August. Meanwhile, the local Kenyan currency, the shilling, has been losing significant ground against the US dollar and this situation is also weighing down trading activities in the market,” he stated.
The buyer received July HDPE film and LLDPE film prices at $1450/ton, LDPE film at $1460/ton, HDPE blow moulding at $1490/ton and PP raffia and injection at $1350/ton on a CFR Mombasa, Kenya, 90 days deferred payment basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Longest-ever rally staggers in Turkey’s PVC market
- Upstream keeps China PET afloat; prices hit 11-month high
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record