Kenyan PP, PE buyer: Retreating shilling weighs down on trade
“One of these producers’ offers are more competitive than the other producer’s , who appears adamant to achieve their initial levels. However, overall demand is slowing down in the country in line with the decreasing prices. We anticipate further decreases in the days ahead and into August. Meanwhile, the local Kenyan currency, the shilling, has been losing significant ground against the US dollar and this situation is also weighing down trading activities in the market,” he stated.
The buyer received July HDPE film and LLDPE film prices at $1450/ton, LDPE film at $1460/ton, HDPE blow moulding at $1490/ton and PP raffia and injection at $1350/ton on a CFR Mombasa, Kenya, 90 days deferred payment basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem