Kenyan PP, PE buyer: Retreating shilling weighs down on trade
“One of these producers’ offers are more competitive than the other producer’s , who appears adamant to achieve their initial levels. However, overall demand is slowing down in the country in line with the decreasing prices. We anticipate further decreases in the days ahead and into August. Meanwhile, the local Kenyan currency, the shilling, has been losing significant ground against the US dollar and this situation is also weighing down trading activities in the market,” he stated.
The buyer received July HDPE film and LLDPE film prices at $1450/ton, LDPE film at $1460/ton, HDPE blow moulding at $1490/ton and PP raffia and injection at $1350/ton on a CFR Mombasa, Kenya, 90 days deferred payment basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia