Kenyan buyer receives $200/ton reduction on Aug PP
The buyer commented, “Despite the recent declines, we are not planning on making any purchases yet. We expect prices to record further reductions and we believe many other buyers are also sidelined for now and delaying purchases. On top of this, demand is slow in Kenya. The market is being affected by the appreciating US dollar against our local currency plus an unstable political situation. Players will be hesitant to purchase and will want to see the done deal level first.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount