Kenyan buyer receives $200/ton reduction on Aug PP
The buyer commented, “Despite the recent declines, we are not planning on making any purchases yet. We expect prices to record further reductions and we believe many other buyers are also sidelined for now and delaying purchases. On top of this, demand is slow in Kenya. The market is being affected by the appreciating US dollar against our local currency plus an unstable political situation. Players will be hesitant to purchase and will want to see the done deal level first.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns