Kenyan buyer receives Saudi PP, PE prices for August
“Overall demand is weak and the USD parity is very high, hindering import purchases. Players are taking their time when it comes to making fresh purchases since supplies are not problematic at all. On the other hand, suppliers are trying to stand firm on their offer levels and so far, we have not managed to obtain any discounts,” he added.
The buyer received Saudi HDPE and LDPE film at $1390/ton, LLDPE c4 film at $1380/ton and PP film at $1290/ton on a CIF Mombasa, Kenya, 90 days deferred payment basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- What will October unfold for Turkey’s PE markets?
- PET bottle fails to salve pandemic wounds; challenges mount as autumn begins
- Can LDPE uptrend hold in Asia?
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels