Kenyan buyers: Major Saudi producer cuts Dec PP, PE prices
Saudi prices were reported at $1260/ton for LDPE film and at $1250/ton for HDPE film and blow moulding on a CFR Mombasa, Kenya, 90 days deferred payment basis. Meanwhile, the producer’s PP prices were pegged at $1040/ton for raffia and injection with the same terms.
A converter operating in Nairobi commented, “Demand is below expectations in Kenya amidst ongoing high dollar exchange rates and the approaching year-end holidays. At the same time, availability is comfortable with buyers meeting their needs without any struggle. Weak market conditions are pushing traders to issue further discounts on their offer levels. Meanwhile, interest rates at banks have risen. This situation will further magnify import market problems.”
Meanwhile, another converter stated, “Overall demand is weak while supplies are sufficient in the market. Higher exchange rates also continue to hinder sales. Demand is not likely to revive ahead of the approaching year-end holidays while the banks’ decision on increase interest rates also hindered trading activities.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Activity pick-up sends Asian spot C3 market into recovery mode
- Total polymer imports to EU28 hit record high in 2019
- March PE expectations in Turkey weighed by new capacities, cooling demand
- PP prices hit 4-year low in China as demand remains minimal
- Taiwanese major’s March PVC offers to Asia up despite virus fears
- Virus-impacted demand inflicts toll on Vietnam's PE market
- HDPE fails to track firmer trend of LD, LLDPE in Europe
- China’s ABS market on soft path dragged by subdued demand
- Softening trend prevails in SEA PP market as virus fears dampen sentiment
- Chinese producers cut PET offers further amid coronavirus outbreak