Kenyan converter: April import PP, PE prices record increases
According to him, the Saudi producer issued $80/ton hikes on their PE prices at $1270/ton for HDPE and LLDPE film and at $1290/ton for LDPE film while they lifted up their PP prices by around $100/ton to $1080/ton for PP film on CFR Mombasa, Kenya, 90 days deferred payment basis.
“In general, supplies are limited and this situation supports sellers when lifting up their April prices. Given the availability constraints, we anticipate a firm stance from the Middle Eastern producers for the course of April. Meanwhile, we see normal end product demand, but we anticipate the new increases will affect the overall polymer demand negatively,” further added the buyer.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand