Kenyan converter: May PP, PE increases exceed expectations
Most converters complain about weak demand due to the rainy season in the country. “The May increases exceeded our expectations since overall demand is very slow these days. Buying interest is not expected to improve until the end of July given the low season. Therefore, we are not anticipating further hikes as of next month. Meanwhile, apart from the higher than expected May import prices, locally held availability is problematic. HDPE blow moulding and PP raffia availability is very tight in the distribution market for locally held cargoes,” highlighted a buyer.
So far, import prices are reported at $1100-1140/ton for PP raffia and injection, at $1140/ton for PP fibre, $1140-1150/ton for PP film, $1270-1300/ton for LDPE film, $1250-1300/ton for LLDPE film, $1270-1300/ton for HDPE film and at $1300-1330/ton for HDPE blow moulding on a CFR Mombasa, Kenya, 90 days deferred payment basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook