Kenyan converter: Saudi PP, PE prices moved up for October
“The Saudi producer’s new offers are reasonably higher by around $20/ton from September. However, in Kenya, players are still suffering from the generally weak economic conditions which have been worsened by the depreciation of the local currency, which has fallen by around 20% against the US dollar. Since demand remains slow, we prefer not to make large purchases. We prefer to meet our needs until the market gains some sort of stability.”
The buyer received HDPE film, LDPE film and LLDPE film at $1300/ton and PP film at $1170/ton on a CFR Mombasa, Kenya, 90 days basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Premium of HDPE over LLDPE hits 16-month high in Turkey
- Post-holiday hikes carry China homo-PP market to 1-year high
- Asia PVC markets see longest rising streak ever on extreme tightness
- Africa polymers: October offers higher amid reduced availability
- Stable to softer PE trend prevails in Europe amid soft demand, poor netbacks
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets move up, but riddled with uncertainties
- India, SEA PVC markets unlikely to take respite from bullish run for November
- Southeast Asia PET markets move sideways during China’s absence
- Egypt’s import PE market up on tight supply, domestic offers follow suit
- Will European PS, ABS track divergent paths for another month?