Kenyan converter: Saudi PP, PE prices moved up for October
“The Saudi producer’s new offers are reasonably higher by around $20/ton from September. However, in Kenya, players are still suffering from the generally weak economic conditions which have been worsened by the depreciation of the local currency, which has fallen by around 20% against the US dollar. Since demand remains slow, we prefer not to make large purchases. We prefer to meet our needs until the market gains some sort of stability.”
The buyer received HDPE film, LDPE film and LLDPE film at $1300/ton and PP film at $1170/ton on a CFR Mombasa, Kenya, 90 days basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets