Kenyan converters receive lower Mid-Eastern Dec PP, PE prices
A converter operating in Nairobi reported, “We received new December prices from two different Middle Eastern producers and both of their prices indicate decreases of $50/ton from last month. However, we anticipate further discounts from regional producers on the back of declining upstream costs. Meanwhile, we have started to see some improvement on our end product demand.”
The buyer received PP raffia and injection at $1510-1530/ton, PPBC injection at $1580/ton and HDPE film at $1560/ton while they were also offered HDPE b/m and injection $1550/ton on a CFR Mombasa, Kenya, 90 days deferred payment basis.
Meanwhile, a film products manufacturer remarked, “Middle Eastern PP and PE prices indicate $40-50/ton decreases from last month. Considering the globally softening trend, we anticipate further decreases of up to $60/ton. Meanwhile, overall demand is steady in the local market and the market has been calm ahead of the approaching Christmas and New Year holidays.”
The buyer received HDPE film at $1560/ton, LLDPE film at $1540/ton, LDPE film at $1550/ton and PP film at $1510/ton on a CFR, Mombasa, Kenya, 90 days deferred payment basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- What propels PE prices higher in China?
- Vietnam PP, PE markets keep rising but some cautiousness remains
- Malaysia PP exports almost triple in February
- Spot ethylene markets rally on diminishing supply in Asia, Europe
- Will European PP markets change direction after 3 months?
- Turkish PP, PE players leaving market for holiday with firm post-Eid expectations
- June PVC hikes exceed expectations in Asia, sustainability under discussion
- Import PS, ABS markets recover amid upstream gains in Egypt
- PP, PE markets on a slight uptrend in Indonesia despite Ramadan lull
- European PE hovers around 11-year low, is reversal near?