Kenyan converters receive lower Mid-Eastern Dec PP, PE prices
A converter operating in Nairobi reported, “We received new December prices from two different Middle Eastern producers and both of their prices indicate decreases of $50/ton from last month. However, we anticipate further discounts from regional producers on the back of declining upstream costs. Meanwhile, we have started to see some improvement on our end product demand.”
The buyer received PP raffia and injection at $1510-1530/ton, PPBC injection at $1580/ton and HDPE film at $1560/ton while they were also offered HDPE b/m and injection $1550/ton on a CFR Mombasa, Kenya, 90 days deferred payment basis.
Meanwhile, a film products manufacturer remarked, “Middle Eastern PP and PE prices indicate $40-50/ton decreases from last month. Considering the globally softening trend, we anticipate further decreases of up to $60/ton. Meanwhile, overall demand is steady in the local market and the market has been calm ahead of the approaching Christmas and New Year holidays.”
The buyer received HDPE film at $1560/ton, LLDPE film at $1540/ton, LDPE film at $1550/ton and PP film at $1510/ton on a CFR, Mombasa, Kenya, 90 days deferred payment basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June
- May PP, PE offers to Mid-East, Africa remain stable to firm
- Global energy producers report lower Q1 results amid volatile crude prices
- China’s Q1 polymer imports set a new record near 6 million tons