Kenyan converters receive lower Mid-Eastern Dec PP, PE prices
A converter operating in Nairobi reported, “We received new December prices from two different Middle Eastern producers and both of their prices indicate decreases of $50/ton from last month. However, we anticipate further discounts from regional producers on the back of declining upstream costs. Meanwhile, we have started to see some improvement on our end product demand.”
The buyer received PP raffia and injection at $1510-1530/ton, PPBC injection at $1580/ton and HDPE film at $1560/ton while they were also offered HDPE b/m and injection $1550/ton on a CFR Mombasa, Kenya, 90 days deferred payment basis.
Meanwhile, a film products manufacturer remarked, “Middle Eastern PP and PE prices indicate $40-50/ton decreases from last month. Considering the globally softening trend, we anticipate further decreases of up to $60/ton. Meanwhile, overall demand is steady in the local market and the market has been calm ahead of the approaching Christmas and New Year holidays.”
The buyer received HDPE film at $1560/ton, LLDPE film at $1540/ton, LDPE film at $1550/ton and PP film at $1510/ton on a CFR, Mombasa, Kenya, 90 days deferred payment basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- September hikes meet resistance for ABS in Europe
- Turkey’s import PP market slumps to 3-year low on supply glut, low demand
- Import PVC demand dampened in Europe, Turkey; will it improve in H2?
- Chinese PET producers attempt for hikes first time since July
- Uptrend in spot styrene prices curtailed in Asia
- Spot LDPE, LLDPE prices hit a decade low in Italy
- Saudi major globally applies significant drops on PE for Sept
- Malaysia’s local PE market dives to a decade low
- Homo PP offers below $1000 pervade China’s import market
- PP, PE prices in Mid-East and Africa set to remain weak until end of Q3