Kenyan converters receive lower Mid-Eastern Dec PP, PE prices
A converter operating in Nairobi reported, “We received new December prices from two different Middle Eastern producers and both of their prices indicate decreases of $50/ton from last month. However, we anticipate further discounts from regional producers on the back of declining upstream costs. Meanwhile, we have started to see some improvement on our end product demand.”
The buyer received PP raffia and injection at $1510-1530/ton, PPBC injection at $1580/ton and HDPE film at $1560/ton while they were also offered HDPE b/m and injection $1550/ton on a CFR Mombasa, Kenya, 90 days deferred payment basis.
Meanwhile, a film products manufacturer remarked, “Middle Eastern PP and PE prices indicate $40-50/ton decreases from last month. Considering the globally softening trend, we anticipate further decreases of up to $60/ton. Meanwhile, overall demand is steady in the local market and the market has been calm ahead of the approaching Christmas and New Year holidays.”
The buyer received HDPE film at $1560/ton, LLDPE film at $1540/ton, LDPE film at $1550/ton and PP film at $1510/ton on a CFR, Mombasa, Kenya, 90 days deferred payment basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports