Kenyan players anticipate further hikes for May
Another film products converter reported receiving offers from the same major Saudi Arabian producer while adding that the producer has delivered only half of their normal quotas so far. “We believe that the tight supply situation may linger into the next couple of months as we feel like producers are trying to control prices by providing limited amounts to the market. Considering the ongoing supply issues, we expect May offers to record around $80-100/ton hikes.”
Converters pegged the Saudi Arabian producer’s HDPE film offers at $1310/ton, their LLDPE film offers at $1330/ton and their PP film offers at $1320/ton on CIF Mombasa, Kenya, 90 days deferred payment basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East