Kenyan players anticipate further hikes for May
Another film products converter reported receiving offers from the same major Saudi Arabian producer while adding that the producer has delivered only half of their normal quotas so far. “We believe that the tight supply situation may linger into the next couple of months as we feel like producers are trying to control prices by providing limited amounts to the market. Considering the ongoing supply issues, we expect May offers to record around $80-100/ton hikes.”
Converters pegged the Saudi Arabian producer’s HDPE film offers at $1310/ton, their LLDPE film offers at $1330/ton and their PP film offers at $1320/ton on CIF Mombasa, Kenya, 90 days deferred payment basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia