Kenyan players receive Jan PP, PE prices from Middle East
A converter operating in Nairobi reported that they received new Middle Eastern offers for January HDPE b/m with $20/ton drops from December at $1230/ton CFR Mombasa, Kenya, 90 days deferred payment basis. The buyer is still waiting to hear from other Middle Eastern producers while his price expectations remain on the soft side when considering the bearish global trend.
Meanwhile, a couple of different converters also received new January PP and PE prices from a major Saudi producer. The producer’s new homo-PP prices indicate $10/ton decreases while their PE offers represent rollovers to $30/ton decreases. Their prices stand at $1250/ton for HDPE film and b/m, at $1230/ton for LDPE film, $1020/ton for PP film and at $1030/ton for PP raffia and injection on CFR Mombasa, Kenya, 90 days deferred payment basis.
A converter commented “A major Saudi producer’s January HDPE film and b/m offers indicate rollovers from December. However, given the slow market conditions, we are confident that price levels will see further reductions in the days ahead. Regarding locally held availability, supply levels are currently tight due to some inspection procedures at the ports.”
Another Kenyan converter also confirmed the tight locally held supplies on the back of new inspection procedures at the ports. “A major Saudi producer’s new January pricing policy indicates a stable to softer trend when compared with their initial December levels. However, the global trend remains bearish and we do not expect any improvements over the short term,” he added.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Shipping costs show no sign of abating yet
- PP, PE gains extend into April but demand slips further in Africa
- Triple-digit hikes send Europe’s PP market to fresh all-time highs
- Turkey’s PET markets extend drops into April, pervaded by weak demand
- US PVC offers resurface at competitive levels in Egypt, Turkey
- China import PE prices extend losses into April on lower costs
- Bullish price environment continues in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Unexpected plant shutdown fails to cease local PP downturn in Indonesia
- Export PVC prices out of China provide competitive edge
- European PP, PE set for 6th bullish month, is peak near?