Korean HDPE 100 pipe prices increase in Turkey
In the import market, Korean offers for HDPE pipe (PE100) were pegged between $1310-1370/ton CIF Turkey, cash, no duty, up $40-60/ton from a week earlier.
A pipe manufacturer, who received Korean offers ranging between $1310-1340/ton CIF Turkey, cash, reported that supply is not comfortable. “We assume that one of our suppliers’ availability is limited as they are only offering on the high end and in pallets rather than in large quantities. We are planning to purchase some material if we find a good price,” he said.
A distributor commented, “HDPE pipe 100 (natural) prices have posted fresh increases recently. We heard that a South Korean producer preferred to sell ethylene to Iran rather than producing PE, which might be the reason why they are not giving offers for PE 100 natural nowadays.”
Spot ethylene costs in Asia represented a total increase of around $165/ton when compared to the beginning of February to be recently reported at $1375/ton CFR Northeast Asia, according to ChemOrbis Price Wizard.
As can be seen in the graph below, spot ethylene costs on Far East Asia basis moved above Turkey’s import HDPE pipe market on a weekly average this week.
Source: ChemOrbis Price Wizard
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem