Korean HDPE 100 pipe prices increase in Turkey
In the import market, Korean offers for HDPE pipe (PE100) were pegged between $1310-1370/ton CIF Turkey, cash, no duty, up $40-60/ton from a week earlier.
A pipe manufacturer, who received Korean offers ranging between $1310-1340/ton CIF Turkey, cash, reported that supply is not comfortable. “We assume that one of our suppliers’ availability is limited as they are only offering on the high end and in pallets rather than in large quantities. We are planning to purchase some material if we find a good price,” he said.
A distributor commented, “HDPE pipe 100 (natural) prices have posted fresh increases recently. We heard that a South Korean producer preferred to sell ethylene to Iran rather than producing PE, which might be the reason why they are not giving offers for PE 100 natural nowadays.”
Spot ethylene costs in Asia represented a total increase of around $165/ton when compared to the beginning of February to be recently reported at $1375/ton CFR Northeast Asia, according to ChemOrbis Price Wizard.
As can be seen in the graph below, spot ethylene costs on Far East Asia basis moved above Turkey’s import HDPE pipe market on a weekly average this week.
Source: ChemOrbis Price Wizard
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Longest-ever rally staggers in Turkey’s PVC market
- Upstream keeps China PET afloat; prices hit 11-month high
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record