Korean HDPE 100 pipe prices increase in Turkey
In the import market, Korean offers for HDPE pipe (PE100) were pegged between $1310-1370/ton CIF Turkey, cash, no duty, up $40-60/ton from a week earlier.
A pipe manufacturer, who received Korean offers ranging between $1310-1340/ton CIF Turkey, cash, reported that supply is not comfortable. “We assume that one of our suppliers’ availability is limited as they are only offering on the high end and in pallets rather than in large quantities. We are planning to purchase some material if we find a good price,” he said.
A distributor commented, “HDPE pipe 100 (natural) prices have posted fresh increases recently. We heard that a South Korean producer preferred to sell ethylene to Iran rather than producing PE, which might be the reason why they are not giving offers for PE 100 natural nowadays.”
Spot ethylene costs in Asia represented a total increase of around $165/ton when compared to the beginning of February to be recently reported at $1375/ton CFR Northeast Asia, according to ChemOrbis Price Wizard.
As can be seen in the graph below, spot ethylene costs on Far East Asia basis moved above Turkey’s import HDPE pipe market on a weekly average this week.
Source: ChemOrbis Price Wizard
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open post-Eid period with a cautious tone
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?