Korean HDPE pipe natural prices move up in Turkey
Players attributed the recent firming mainly to the rising freight rates from Korea. Also, supply from the country has not been sufficient in the recent weeks amidst a shutdown at KPIC that has just ended. “The producer has not fully resumed its deliveries, while SK has faced some shipment delays, in addition,” claimed a trader.
“We heard that freight rates from Korea spiked up to $80/ton this week. Although demand is not bright for PE in general, limited availability and higher transportation costs caused suppliers to issue higher HDPE pipe (natural 100) prices for the second half of June,” said a buyer who confirmed the rising offers. Another pipe manufacturer, meanwhile, thinks that limited business will restrain any firming for the coming days.
Currently, South Korean HDPE pipe (natural 100) prices are standing at $1270-1320/ton CIF Turkey, cash no duty, up $30-40/ton week over week. A pipe converter reported, “On Monday, we received an offer at $1260/ton before the supplier lifted its price up by $15/ton right the day after. Yet we don’t think prices can rise much more considering lower ethylene costs in Asia.”
Spot ethylene prices fell by around $60/ton on FOB Korea basis since the beginning of June due to increased supplies across the region and lower upstream chain.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs
- Tightness leads to renewed PP hikes in China; Saudi raffia moves above $1000 CIF
- Asian PVC players brace for 7th straight monthly hike in Taiwanese major’s delayed Dec offers
- Saudi major seeks hikes for November in global PE, PP markets
- Bullish sentiment for PE cools off across globe, LD remains resilient