Korean PP copolymer offers competitive edge in Italy
Import Korean PPBC inj. offers for prompt delivery are reported at €1220/ton on DDP, cash basis while local offers are currently standing at €1270-1350/ton on FD Italy, 60 days.
Last week, import PPBC inj. offers from South Korea were at €1120-1250/ton DDP for delivery at the end of May.
A manufacturer said that they have purchased limited volumes this month, smaller than their regular quotas, as PP demand is not vivid. “We purchased some Korean and Indian materials at prices which are around €40-50/ton lower than the prices we received from our regular West European supplier,” added the converter.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Can LDPE uptrend hold in Asia?
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic