Korean PS, ABS offered with additional hikes to Turkey
South Korean GPPS and HIPS prices are reported at $1440/ton and $1460/ton, respectively, on CIF Turkey, cash basis. “Our Korean supplier applied $30-40/ton increases on their prices this week on the top of their initial hikes of $70/ton for July,” noted a trader, adding that he found these levels too high to work with.
For ABS, the offers from the producer came with a small increase of $10/ton for ABS natural by late June while they were flat for white and black grades. This week, the prices of the Korean supplier are up by $70-80/ton for all grades to be reported at $1750/ton for ABS natural, $1880/ton for black and $1880/ton for white, all CIF Turkey, cash no duty.
“We will try to pay rollovers or at least smaller hikes while replenishing our PS and ABS stocks. We have no material on hand for the time being,” some traders stated.
In upstream, spot styrene prices were up by around $50/ton on a FOB Korea basis on the week. Spot butadiene prices edged down with the same terms on the week, meanwhile, after its upturn lost steam by early June.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion