Korean producer trims hike requests for PS, ABS in Turkey
A trader purchased some material from the Korean source at $1420/ton for GPPS and $1470/ton for HIPS, CIF Turkey, cash. His deals for ABS were at $1660/ton for natural and $1810/ton for ABS white, all CIF Turkey, cash no duty.
He reported, “Our South Korean producer had applied $180-190/ton increases for GPPS and HIPS, while also raising it ABS offers by $150-200/ton. We still paid 3 digit increases and replaced moderate amounts to sustain our business with the seller. We don’t think prices can rise further onwards despite bullish butadiene costs as spot styrene costs are easing down in Asia and global demand is set to slow given nearing holidays in Europe and China.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China PP, PE markets join global rally after Lunar New Year holiday
- PE, PP and PVC supply crunch exacerbated on US absence, traditional trade flows upended
- European PP, PE markets set for 5th bullish month as shortage bites
- Turkey shattered as PP prices shoot up to surreal levels
- Polymer markets face one of most chaotic times
- Turnaround season set to get underway in Asia
- Crude oil heals COVID-inflicted wounds; now what lies ahead?
- Global shipping turmoil deepens, adding to the upheaval in plastic resins
- China’s post-holiday polymer outlook supported by supply limitations, crude oil
- US PE exports hit record high for 2020 despite production and logistics hurdles