Korean producer trims hike requests for PS, ABS in Turkey
A trader purchased some material from the Korean source at $1420/ton for GPPS and $1470/ton for HIPS, CIF Turkey, cash. His deals for ABS were at $1660/ton for natural and $1810/ton for ABS white, all CIF Turkey, cash no duty.
He reported, “Our South Korean producer had applied $180-190/ton increases for GPPS and HIPS, while also raising it ABS offers by $150-200/ton. We still paid 3 digit increases and replaced moderate amounts to sustain our business with the seller. We don’t think prices can rise further onwards despite bullish butadiene costs as spot styrene costs are easing down in Asia and global demand is set to slow given nearing holidays in Europe and China.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PE rally loses momentum on subsiding demand in Türkiye
- PVC prices flat for 2nd straight month in Italy and West Europe
- Freight rates snap rally, Red Sea crisis keeps decreases in check
- Worsening dollar shortage pushes Egypt’s local PP, PE prices to never-before-seen highs
- Stats: US PE exports hit a renewed record in 2023, sales to China boom
- Türkiye’s PP market continues to grapple with tight supply, prices at multi-month highs
- Margin expansion targets push Italy’s PE film markets to multi-month highs
- LDPE prices rise faster than other PP, PE products in India’s bullish market
- Headwinds await China’s PP, PE markets post-holiday period
- Türkiye’s 2023 imports set a new record at 6.3 million tons; PE, PVC and ABS shine out