Korean producer trims hike requests for PS, ABS in Turkey
A trader purchased some material from the Korean source at $1420/ton for GPPS and $1470/ton for HIPS, CIF Turkey, cash. His deals for ABS were at $1660/ton for natural and $1810/ton for ABS white, all CIF Turkey, cash no duty.
He reported, “Our South Korean producer had applied $180-190/ton increases for GPPS and HIPS, while also raising it ABS offers by $150-200/ton. We still paid 3 digit increases and replaced moderate amounts to sustain our business with the seller. We don’t think prices can rise further onwards despite bullish butadiene costs as spot styrene costs are easing down in Asia and global demand is set to slow given nearing holidays in Europe and China.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets
- European PVC producers ungenerous in Turkey: Prices up 21% in a month