Kuwait and Egypt sign MOU for petchem projects
As part of the planned projects, a propylene production plant, a petrochemical and refinery facility, a formaldehyde production facility and a phosphate and compound fertilizer plant will be constructed. The$2.5 billion propylene plant is targeted to use locally abundant propane as feedstock and is expected to come online in 2020.
Meanwhile, the first phase of the planned the petrochemicals and refinery facility will reportedly cost approximately $3 billion. The facility is expected to produce high value added products which will be primarily intended to meet local demand while the remaining production will be slated for export.
It was also stated that thanks to aforementioned projects, around 28,000 direct and indirect job opportunities will be provided.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem