Kuwait and Egypt sign MOU for petchem projects
As part of the planned projects, a propylene production plant, a petrochemical and refinery facility, a formaldehyde production facility and a phosphate and compound fertilizer plant will be constructed. The$2.5 billion propylene plant is targeted to use locally abundant propane as feedstock and is expected to come online in 2020.
Meanwhile, the first phase of the planned the petrochemicals and refinery facility will reportedly cost approximately $3 billion. The facility is expected to produce high value added products which will be primarily intended to meet local demand while the remaining production will be slated for export.
It was also stated that thanks to aforementioned projects, around 28,000 direct and indirect job opportunities will be provided.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey PP, PE markets propelled higher by shipping bottlenecks in Sept
- Are record-high PVC prices the new normal amid enduring pandemic?
- European PVC up for 16th month in Sept, prices touch new highs
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise on tightness in September
- Logistics snarls propel import PP, PE offers higher in Europe
- Import PVC prices near all-time highs in India, disparity with China/SEA grows
- PP, PE supplies rise in China; demand lags behind expectations despite peak season
- Stats: China’s July PE imports increase after 3 months of declines
- Will Asia’s PS markets follow ABS higher on cost support?
- Sept PET expectations diverge in shade of opposite factors in Europe