Kuwait’s Equate breaks ground for new MEG plant in US
The new plant is expected to have a production capacity of 750,000 tons/year while it is scheduled to be completed in 2019. Kuwait’s current MEG production capacity exceeds 2 million tons per year.
Equate’s President & CEO Mohammad Husain reported that the new facility will benefit from low cost advantaged shale-gas, strategic location, feedstock availability and operational excellence. He also added that the new plant will enable the company to meet rising demand for MEG throughout the world, especially in the USA and Asia.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand