Kuwait’s Equate completes turnaround project at Shuaiba
The company’s Shuaiba complex houses two ethane crackers with production capacities of 950,000 tons/year and 850,000 tons/year, a 300,000 tons/year LLDPE plant, a 525,000 tons/year HDPE unit and two MEG units with a total capacity of 1.2 million tons/year.
Meanwhile, Equate also completed the first phase of a debottlenecking project at its Shuaiba complex. The project is expected to be completed by the beginning of 2016. Through the project, the company aims to increase its PE capacity by 100,000 tons/year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect