Kuwait’s Equate completes turnaround project at Shuaiba
The company’s Shuaiba complex houses two ethane crackers with production capacities of 950,000 tons/year and 850,000 tons/year, a 300,000 tons/year LLDPE plant, a 525,000 tons/year HDPE unit and two MEG units with a total capacity of 1.2 million tons/year.
Meanwhile, Equate also completed the first phase of a debottlenecking project at its Shuaiba complex. The project is expected to be completed by the beginning of 2016. Through the project, the company aims to increase its PE capacity by 100,000 tons/year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Europe’s PS, ABS markets come off peaks on plunging costs
- Asian polymer markets unfazed by crude oil rally
- India’s polymer demand slowly heals pandemic-inflicted wounds
- LDPE faces a tougher slog in Asia, Europe still on a tear
- Weakness extends to June in Saudi Arabian PP, PE markets
- European PP signals stabilization after 7 months of hikes
- Turkish plastic recycling market in deadlock–solution awaited on import waste ban
- Asia PVC markets decline to 3-month low as downturn fueled by June announcements
- Limited demand leads to further PP, PE declines in China; LDPE hits 6-month low
- African PP, PE markets soften into June